McGarvey is the author of Inevitable: Mass Customized Learning.
- We have to change the structure and delivery system of public schools
- Mass customized learning is the answer and the new paradigm for public schools
- We have to eliminate the time based structure of schools by using transformational technology
- We need to create a school structure that makes it possible to individualize and customize learning for every student
- We have to help teachers rethink about how kids are motivated.
Stephen Peters is the author of several books, including, Inspire to Teach.
- Leadership s a behavior not a title.
- Leadership is about creating more leaders.
- Schools become successful through careful planning and skillful execution.
- We can only give what we are full of. What are you full of?
- Knowledge has become a commodity.
- The nature of work is being transformed.
- Student motivation is different than ever before.
- The world is changing rapidly and students need a different skill set than students of the past.
- Students need critical thinking skills, ability to problem solve, and ability to ask the right questions.
- Students need to learn collaboration skills, to appreciate diversity, leadership skills, and the ability to adapt.
- Students need effective oral and written communication skills, and the ability to persuade.
- Students need the ability to access and analyze information, curiosity, an imagination.
- The culture of schools is at odds with the culture of learning needed to create innovative thinkers.
- Schools are about individual achievement, yet innovation is a team effort.
- Schools treat failure in a way that creates a risk avoidance culture.
- There can be no innovation without trial and error.
- Students need play, passion, and purpose.
- The world isn't interested in what you know, but what you can do with what you know.
Principal Salome Thomas El is the author of I Choose to Stay.
- Smart is not something you are, it's something you become.
- Great leaders do not create more followers, but they create more leaders.
- Every child deserves at least one person to be crazy about them.
- Failure can be motivating but success can paralyze you.
- The price of leadership is conflict.
I learned so much this year. I'm ready to make next year my best year yet. To my fellow administrators, let's keep growing and learning so that we may impact the lives of children in a way that sets them up for success!